Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sophie, the Look


Sophie on the quilt, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

This winter along with being unemployed has given me the opportunity to do a little sewing. A good quilter has a "stash" of fabric and supplies that we purchase when the getting is good with the excuse that we will make something of it later. Well, I have been using my stash this winter. I recently finished my "A day at the beach" quilt and am now ready to sandwich the finished top with the warm and cuddly batting with the back on the bottom. In order to do this I place the back down on the hardwood floor, then place the batting and then secure it to the floor with masking tape so that it won't scootch around when I place the top on top and start the first step of "quilting". Watch out when you turn your head the pets get right in the middle of your project. When I asked Sophie to move she gave me this look.

1 comment:

Jane LaFazio said...

oh yes, I've seen that look in my kitties.