Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Halloween!


pumpkin, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

I hope you all have a spooky Halloween with lots of treats and no tricks. Last week Kate and I spent the day collecting pumpkins for Halloween and painting some of them the colors of the beach....shades of blue. I had seen a tutorial on Alisa Burke's blog and wanted to give it a try. Blue is a favorite color of mine and so I went with sky and ocean blue. The used some puffy fabric paint, including glow in the dark to decorate . I used inspiration from nature: leaves and the pattern of a sea urchin and sand dollar for my design. Kate and Ella painted along with me. It was a fun project. Try it next year! Next week: pumpkin pie!

1 comment:

Marjorie said...

Denise, No shortage of pumpkins in your house:-) I think they are lovely. I can tell everyone had fun decorating them.