Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Cook's Pantry 2



More tools from my pantry.  I absolutely must have good cook's tools (as we categorized them at Williams-Sonoma.) I was very fortunate to work in this store for 6 years.  That and attending the Cordon Bleu School of Cooking in Paris made it essential to have more than one pepper mill.   I have one for black pepper (Terricherry is the best), one for white pepper ( sketch a couple of days ago) and one for pink pepper.  I tell Ella that the pepper that grows on our local pepper trees is good for adding to soups....that's the pink pepper variety and I grind that one in the maple mill at the left.  I also have nutmeg grinders which will no doubt appear soon.  Who knows what else I will find in my pantry to sketch. (The splatter of black & yellow came from flicking my waterbrush over the finished entry. I think it is just fun.

2 comments:

Winifred said...

I like these, they would make a nice framed set for the kitchen.

Denise said...

Thank you, Winifred, I think I need to practice more but you may be right.