Thursday, June 20, 2024

All things LAVENDER

 My very favorite subject:  Lavender

No calories in the newest lavender projects:  lavender infused oil and sketch painting


French lavender - Provence

Lavender Augustifloria
lavender and sage on new quilt


Both are culinary varieties and so versatile.
The question is "What new item can I make with lavender this year?"
I've made Lavender Jelly


Lavender wands:


Lavender ice cream

Lavender filled eye pillow:
lavender filled pillow

Lavender fields rock  painting:


Lavender lemonade....what no photo?  later

So this years projects:  lavender infused coconut oil
and lavender thread painting:

First collect the best lavender

Then turn the upside down to dry for about 2 weeks:

Then remove the buds and place in a large - 1 quart- jar

Add the oil - any unfragranced oil will  do but I used fractionated coconut oil.  Fractionated coconut oil remains liquid and is often used as a massage oil
infused oil after 6 days



Then I strained the buds out and bottled it.
lavender infused oil in lots of plastic jars


My favorite use of this oil is a nighttime application on my arms and legs.  Lavender does help you relax and this little stip helps you to get to sleep a little kinder and quicker.
Ella has told me this is also good for your skin and hair.   There's a big jar on your way, sweet Ella>

OK Thread painting...also known as creative stitching.  I have treated myself to a new sewing machine.  My old one has died and repair is no longer a good investment.  I have been doing my best to just use my little basic Little Gem (Janome) but if I ever want to finish my unfinished quilts or make a new one I just had to purchase a new one.   The first chore I needed to do was to quilt the border of a quilt I started 15+ years ago.  Ella and I named this quilt "Lavender and Sage" because of the colors:
lavender sage quilt 


I harvested some of each to check the compatibility   Yep!!!

Then I loaded my new machine with some sage colored thread.  I pencil sketched on the purple fabric of the border and then sketched on the lavender image. 
lavender sketch painting

I am happy to say that I have finished two quilts that I started over 15 years ago.  I've promised myself to finish all those I started and got sidetracked from with life.

lavender augtifloria growning in my front yard

Available lavender eye pillows:


No comments: