Sunday, November 1, 2020

Pomegranates!, Margaritas, Jelly

 Sometimes when you ask the universe for abundance you just get it:

I inherited a pomegranate tree badly in need of water and attention.  Last year after a bit of each I was gifted with an abundance of juicy fruit. I consumed as much as one person could and shared the rest.  This year was even better.  They came earlier than expected and in raging abundance.  What to do with all of these beauties.....well over 200.


These look like baubles on a Christmas tree   Well after LuLu and Poppy get to the leaves.  


After removing the arils and juicing them the best idea I had was to make Margaritas

Here's the recipe:
1/2 cup pomegranate juice
2 Tablespoons lime juice
nope no sugar
1 shot Tequila
1 Tablespoon Triple, Sec, Grand Marnier, or Cointreau
1 cup ice
you know the rest
I line my rim with half sugar, half Himalayan salt

And when you really have an abundance try making jelly, low sugar. I used this recipe from Pomona's pectin


Pomegranates should be available through November.  Enjoy or just come on over for a Margarita

No comments: