Sunday, March 31, 2019

Happiness is.....the fragrance of orange blossoms

orange blossom

I live on Orange Street which was probably named for the Orange grove that was here when I was growing up in the 50s.  The fragrance of orange blossoms is absolutely "home" to me.  It is intoxicating, sweet, pungent---the best.  Thursday I was at Disneyland with Kate and Ryan and as we were walking through the park I could smell the orange trees in blossom.......as I take my afternoon walk in my own neighborhood I am gifted again with this fragrance and now when I wake up in the morning and go outside to start my barnyard chores the odor hits me first thing and I LOVE it.  Happiness is the fragrance of orange blossoms.
orange tree

My Uncle Ed and Aunt Jeanne moved to their forever property in Buena Park in 1952.  This tree was already there.  That makes this tree at least 67 years old  and is headed for a record year of production based on the abundance of blossoms:
Amazing!!!
great old orange tree


Go find a citrus tree that's in blossom this week.  Or if you're not in a region where citrus grows go to a garden center and look for the citrus trees there.  Breathe in and enjoy one of nature's true gifts.


No comments: