Tuesday, December 15, 2015

A little Christmas cold: brrr

A snow day!  Too much snow overnight so my boss called a snow day!  What! For a dental hygienist?  I'll take it.  Wait!  I have to shovel this foot of snow.  Now that it is the afternoon and almost dark I have given myself permission to take a little hot chocolate break
of course I have a daily supply of fresh milk and I love to use Williams-Sonoma's salted caramel hot chocolate.
Later I may treat myself to some fresh gingerbread that has just come out of the oven:   It's Ina Gartin's recipe but then I touched it up a bit:  Here are the ingredients:

Those are my Mom's hand painted Mr. and Mrs. Claus helping out:

Looks good, right?
Here is the recipe;Ina Gartin's old fashion gingerbread.  I used Cup4cup gluten free flour.
It appears I am in a plain mood this Christmas:

Enjoy your winter day wherever it may be.

No comments: