Saturday, March 8, 2014

Kidding


kidding, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

Brand new baby goats!. Yesterday I went to my own goats place of birth to help out the new Mamas and their kidding....the goat word for giving birth. This beautiful Mama had JUST delivered her first doeling. The human helpers were in the process of cleaning her up and presenting her to her Mama to let her goat instincts take over. The second one was on her way already. The second one was struggling for air so without any orientation I was immediately put to work to help get this little baby breathing. All of our efforts paid off and the second little one in the one in the picture at her mothers front legs. She is all cleaned up and ready for the world
This was a miraculous day. I am so glad I could help do my share.
Coco and Sunflowers kidding day will be coming soon.

No comments: