Thursday, December 26, 2013

Happy Holidays!


What does the fox say?, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.
This is my Christmas card but could also do double duty for a New Year's card. It really isn't that Christmassy but represents a huge bit of pop culture for 2013. The uTube video of the song by Ylvis has had more than 403 million hits and is a silly catchy tune so being the hip 65 year old that I am this became the inspiration for my 2013 greetings.
These last two weeks have been fun and busy around here. As usual lots of baking...but sadly no cookies this year. Instead I baked panettone, Santa brownie hats, roasted and seasoned nuts and seeds and made chocolate bark. My Christmas Eve dinner was a soup made with Christmas lima beans. I made a project out of an old abandon easel and did the usual decorating.
Besides the fox, lots of folk had something to say:
The chickens had their version of Merry Christmas
Kate read her letter from Santa
Georgia woofed thank you for her new friends that Santa brought her.
As for me I wish you the Merriest of Christmases and the absolute best New Year
I hope 2013 was a good year for you and I wish even a better year in
2014
Happy New Year

No comments: