Saturday, October 13, 2012

Gazpacho


Gazpacho, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.
What do you do when the snow falls before the garden is harvested? Make gazpacho!
Today was a cold day in Denver but with the quick harvesting I did a few days ago it was absolutely what I had to make for lunch. Gazpacho is a wonderful "fresh" soup made from the summer harvest of tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers. It is served cold and rarely can you stop with one serving.
Last week with the freeze I picked about 15 cucumbers 20 peppers and pounds and pounds of tomatoes. Instead of pouring tomato juice out of a can I used my food mill to extract the juice of my extra grape and cherry tomatoes. I used Ina Gartin's recipe (click here)
I hope you can make this on the last of your warm "summer" days.
Bon Appetit!

No comments: