Saturday, July 7, 2012

Tangerine tarragon sorbet


Tangerine tarragon sorbet, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

I doubt that you would ever guess there is tarragon in this sorbet. This summer while my herbs are fresh I want to find good pairings and make unique ice creams and sorbets. I put Ryan (my official taste tester) to the task of guessing what was in this.
Try it if you dare. Any ideas for oregano or sage?
Recipe for tangerine tarragon sorbet:
3 cups tangerine juice
3/4 cups simple syrup that has been steeped with 1/2 - 1 cup fresh tarragon
1 tsp vanilla

simple syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
Bring to boil or until sugar dissolves
Add 1/2 -1 cupo fresh tarragon
Reduce to lowest heat on stove and let "steep" for at least 15 minutes. I left mine without heat for an hour.
Strain tarragon from syrup.
Add the syrup to the tangerine juice until desired sweetness has been reached...1/2 -3/4 cup
Add vanilla
Let cool or refrigerate
Freeze in ice cream maker

Really delicious

No comments: