Saturday, May 8, 2010

A new resident


IMG_0472, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

Today I was out on the porch relaxing and talking to my daughter on the phone when a hummingbird buzzed me. This in itself is not uncommon. They often buzz me when I get too close to their feeding stations which of course I fill. She finally settled down and realized I was just sitting and not there to bother her. I looked up and there she was in the middle of the top rung of my porch chandelier. Good spot, don't you think? I wonder if she has any eggs yet and how long before they hatch. I'll just have to keep on watching. This photo I took through the window. The next one I took outside about 3 feet away from her nest. Life is joyous!

3 comments:

Marjorie said...

I can see why you are so excited Denise. Beautiful little bird and she has found a good home :)

jojo said...

Too cute! My parent's have a hummingbird nest by their front door also. Maybe they nest close to the good people they see:)

Scarlett said...

so precious! the sweet little thing fits perfectly there. how crazy!