Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Sophie


Sophie, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

Last week I was talking to a patient of mine about dogs. She offered to show me a picture of hers which was adorable as most al dogs are. I was embarrassed to say I had no pictures of my Sophie. So the other day we had a photo shoot in the Zen garden. Sophie chose her spot in the sun and then wondered what the heck I was doing. Sophie has been my "best friend" for almost 8 years. When I first brought her home she fit on my forearm and that was the way we went places together. Now she is just under 100lbs and if she happens to sit on my foot it hurts. (She used to be 122lbs!)
We start every day with a 3 mile walk which today caught us in the middle of a downpour of rain but Akitas have a double layer coat and well, I had a windbreaker and a hat.
With the exception of a few years of married life I have had a dog since I was a young child. My mother and I used to have collies and show them professionally but as an adult I am a one dog girl. Akitas get a bad rap sometimes for their aggressiveness but with good training, regular excercise and lots of love they can be wonderful family companions. Sophie is the best dog I have ever had. I thought she deserved a post of her own.

3 comments:

Marjorie said...

Sophie is adorable, I can't believe you have had her 8 years already, how time flies.

Parisbreakfasts said...

What an absolutely gorgeous doggie Denise!
Aren't you lucky!!
So is Sophie for that matter.
merci
carolg

Jane LaFazio said...

I'll say! good to see Sophie!