Thursday, September 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Reina and Amber


Wish, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

Monday was little Reina's #2 birthday. We celebrated with a breakfast party with friends and family. The night before, after Amber and I made the cupcakes, we decided to have a dress rehearsal for Reina with her cake and candle blowing. It was a success! On cue, when her cupcake was brought to her the following morning Reina started singing "Happy Birthday" to herself and then the rest of us joined in. Friday is Amber's birthday. Besides her birthday she gets to celebrate the receipt of her license to practice psychology in Washington. I am so happy and proud that she is my daughter-in-law, that she is my son's wife and the mother to Reina and her "in womb" sister. I feel so blessed that she chose to join our family. Happy Birthday Girls!

7 comments:

Scarlett said...

What a terrific photograph! Did you take it? When I first saw it I thought it was stock photography (I look at stock on a daily basis being a designer). I'm so curious as to what camera you used.

Denise said...

Thank you, Scarlett. Brad took this photo along with the cupcake photo with a Canon EOS 40D. Photography is his hobby. I think he does a beautiful job too.If you double click on the cupcake photo it will take you to his flickr site and you can learn more about his camera.

Marjorie said...

I love the photo too! Precious little girl and beautiful mother. I am not surprised that you are proud to have Amber for a daughter-in-law.

Congratulations and happiness to all of them.

jojo said...

I, too, thought it was a stock photo! OMG - fabulous pic and beautiful girls! That pic is to die for!

Amber T said...

Thank you Denise!!! You're the best. Obviously I lucked out in the mother-in-law department. :) We were so happy to have you here for Reina's birthday! And by-the-way, Reina sang happy birthday to herself every time we ate a leftover cupcake---which was a few days in a row.

Scarlett said...

Canon! Of course! I have to say, over all the years I've been a graphic designer -- the BEST images have always been taken with a Canon camera. I want a pocket one (like my mum's) and then a Rebel if I ever decide to sell them as stock. Does Brad know he can make a second living selling his? :)

Denise, by the way, I found 2 great sites to help you publish your art work as children's illustration books: Blurb and Lulu. Blurb looks really flexible. If you make the story, scan your art, etc., I'll put it together for you if you need me to. I really want you to give this a go.

Jane LaFazio said...

gorgeous pic of two gorgeous gals!